No Strabane jobs fair due to lack of vacancies

first_img Pinterest WhatsApp Twitter LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Twitter By News Highland – September 14, 2010 Newsx Adverts Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp No Strabane jobs fair due to lack of vacancies Google+center_img Plans to bring a jobs fair to  Strabane have had to be shelved because there are not enough vacancies in the area to justify the event.Strabane has the highest unemployment rate in the north and last year a total of 800 people applied for 400 posts at the jobs fair.But Strabane Councillor, Eugene McMennamin, says while it’s disappointing that there will be no jobs fair in the town this year, he does believe things are looking up for the town. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Facebook Google+ Facebook Previous articleGAA – New Derry Manager This Week?Next articlePublic meeting held to discuss Ballyshannon jobs crisis News Highland Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad alsolast_img read more

The end of 1 and 2 cent coins?

first_img Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Facebook News WhatsApp Pinterest The end of 1 and 2 cent coins? Facebook Twitter One and two cent coins could soon become a thing of the past.The European Commission is looking at ways to abolish the coins or reduce the cost involved in producing them.Since 200 it has cost 1.4 billion euro to make the coins which now have negligible value.Alicia O’Rourke of the EU office in Dublin says the Commission is currently considering four options on the matter.”The Commission has come up with 4 possible options for these little coins; and the four options are: leave things as they are – so the status quo, to make them cheaper to produce, or to take out of circulation quickly, or to gradually phase them out of circulation” he added. 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report Twitter Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota center_img WhatsApp Pinterest Previous articleNo plans for privatising public transport, says VaradkarNext articleCope urges health minister to intervene in Dungloe bed closure plan News Highland Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released By News Highland – May 15, 2013 Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powerslast_img read more

County Council to honour All-Ireland winning hurlers

first_img Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released County Council to honour All-Ireland winning hurlers Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Twitter Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Donegal County Council has confirmed that it will honour the Lory Meagher All-Ireland trophy winning Donegal hurlers at a civic reception in the County House Lifford.The event will take place after a successful motion was moved by Sinn Féin Councillor Jack Murray at Monday’s sitting of Donegal County Council.Welcoming the news Cllr Murray said; “Donegal’s success in the Lory Meagher Championship was a fantastic achievement. Not only did it bring an enormous sense of pride to communities across the county but it also promoted the sport in parts of Donegal where hurling would not traditionally be played.“It is right and proper that the players and management of the Donegal team are fittingly honoured by the council for their accomplishment.“Hurley is Ireland’s oldest sport and, as such, has a unique place in Irish culture. My own local club in Burt has had a hurling club for over 120 years.“More and more GAA clubs are introducing the sport to children every year.“I feel that by honouring our All-Ireland winning county hurling team in such a manor we can build on the success of recent times and continue to promote this great sport to communities across Donegal.” Google+ Google+ 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report WhatsApp Pinterestcenter_img By News Highland – May 30, 2012 WhatsApp Previous articleRuling due on Pearse Doherty’s Referendum Commission challengeNext articleDonegal premises targeted in cross-border organised prostitution raids News Highland Pinterest Facebook Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota Newsx Advertslast_img read more

Government to committ to key projects during north/south talks

first_imgNews Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Twitter Google+ WhatsApp WhatsApp 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report Government to committ to key projects during north/south talks Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Previous articleGarda dies following weekend collisionNext articleKey EU fishing talks underway News Highland center_img Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Pinterest Facebook Pinterest Twitter Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Politicians on both sides of the border have been urged to support the peace process.The plea from the Taoiseach Brian Cowen, comes as his government meets his Northern counterparts for a series of cross-border talks.Brian Cowen is expected to confirm that, despite the difficult economic climate, the Government will continue funding a number of cross-border initiatives, including the construction of a new road linking Monaghan to Letterkenny. Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota By News Highland – December 14, 2009 Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme last_img read more

Update – Search stood down after nothing is found following Bloody Foreland “flares”

first_img By News Highland – September 11, 2014 Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Facebook PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week News Pinterest Previous articleCyrus ‘spending time with ex-boyfriend again’Next articleStrabane councillor defends locals after Twitter language survey News Highland Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme A search took place last night off Bloody Foreland in West Donegal following the sighting of what was thought to be distress flares.A member of the pubic called emergency services having spotted three ‘flares’ at around 10 o’clock on Wednesday night.Lifeboats from Aranmmore and Bunbeg were involved in the search, along with the 118 helicopter. The search, which was described as “precautionary” was coordinated by Malin Head Coastguard station, and was stood down at around midnight.The helicopter was back in Donegal in the early hours of the morning, transporting a patient from Letterkenny General Hospital to Galway.center_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Twitter Update – Search stood down after nothing is found following Bloody Foreland “flares” Google+ Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Facebook Google+last_img read more

Renewed appeal for information on second anniversary of Keiran Doherty murder

first_img Renewed appeal for information on second anniversary of Keiran Doherty murder Twitter Detectives investigating the murder Kieran Doherty in Derry have issued a renewed appeal for information on the second anniversary of his death.The 31-year-old was shot dead and his body found on the Braehead Road on 24 February 2010.The Real IRA claimed responsibility for the attack.Three people have been arrested but so far no one has been charged with Keiran Dohertys murder.The father-of-one, who was from the Brandywell area of the city, was due to get married three months after his death.The detective leading the investigation said police still needed assistance and information from the community to make progress.On the night of his murder, Kieran had been in the family home at Coshowen until around 8pm. His body was later spotted by a passer-by on the Braehead Road at around 10.40pm.Members of the Doherty family have previously claimed MI5 agents may have been involved in the events surrounding the murder, or that the organisation may have surveillance information that could help the hunt for his killers. By News Highland – February 24, 2012 Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Google+ Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Google+ WhatsAppcenter_img Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire News Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Previous articleWoman thought she would be raped and murdered during parochial house robberyNext articleProtest planned for Transport Minsiter during Letterkenny visit tonight News Highland 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North last_img read more

Gardai appeal for information regarding Market Square stabbing

first_img 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleCranford to Carrigart Road closed as bridge is close to collapseNext articleOne man dead after fatal road collision near Barnesmore Gap News Highland Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Twitter News Facebook Gardai appeal for information regarding Market Square stabbing RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORcenter_img Pinterest Google+ By News Highland – August 6, 2014 Gardai have made an appeal for information after a stabbing incident in Letterkenny yesterday evening.A 26-year-old man from the town was stabbed in the Market Square area at around 6pm.The man remains in Letterkenny General Hospital in a stable condition.Eyewitnesses say the 26 year-old man appeared to have been stabbed in the stomach.Garda Inspector David Kelly says they believe the offender made off towards the Cathedral:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/dkell530.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Pinterest Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Twitter Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal last_img read more

Calls for CCTV to be used to tackle anti-social behaviour in Ballymacool

first_img Pinterest Twitter A Donegal Co Cllr has called for the installation of a CCTV system in the Ballymacool area of Letterkenny.There have been a number of incidents in the area over the past couple of years, including the recent detection and closure of a brothel by gardai..There have also been reports of anti-social behaviour and break-ins.Cllr Dessie Shiels says residents have had enough……Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/dessictv.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th By News Highland – January 16, 2015 Twitter Google+ 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North WhatsApp Homepage BannerNews Facebook Facebookcenter_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Google+ Calls for CCTV to be used to tackle anti-social behaviour in Ballymacool WhatsApp Previous articleJudge revokes Chris Brown’s probationNext articleBrogan calls for more Business Watch and Community Alert initiatives News Highland last_img read more

Appeal for information over weekend burglary in Derry

first_imgHomepage BannerNews Appeal for information over weekend burglary in Derry By admin – March 2, 2016 Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Google+ Facebook Twitter 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North center_img Twitter Facebook Detectives are appealing for information following a burglary that occurred at a house in Derry.The incident happened on Saturday but details are only emerging now.Sometime between 2.30pm and 8.30pm on Saturday a house in the Duncastle Park area of Newbuildings of the city entered and a sum of money was taken. It’s believed nobody was in the home at the time.Detectives are appealing to anyone with any information about this incident, or anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in the area, to contact detectives at Strand Road Police Station on the non-emergency number 101.Or if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.” Google+ Previous articleAnger at removal of signs for charity event in DonegalNext articlePlayer of the Month award for Shane McGinty admin 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Updated: 5.5 million euro winning Lotto ticket sold in Killea

first_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Pinterest Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Newsx Adverts WhatsApp Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Facebook Someone in Donegal is waking up a millionaire this morning.There was one winner of last night’s lotto jackpot, worth almost 5.5 million euro.The 12 euro quick pick winning ticket was sold in Topshop, Killea.The numbers drawn were 1, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 37.And the bonus was 30.Shop owner Chanban Solanki says at this stage the lucky winner wishes to stay anonymous:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lottojan.mp3[/podcast] Previous articleDeputy McConalogue says government is misleading on school postsNext articleUpdated: Earthquake measuring 2.2 hits north Donegal News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twittercenter_img Facebook By News Highland – January 26, 2012 Google+ Pinterest Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Updated: 5.5 million euro winning Lotto ticket sold in Killea Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Twitterlast_img read more